Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 96

Thread: what happened to the Spice Girls?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member KennyHopeless's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    49
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    they were supposed to be at LIVE 8.....would've been something to at least make things somewhat amusing,,,,the US lineup seemed piss poor considering it was supposed to be the biggest and best benefit EVER.....c'mon GELDOLF..were MAROON 5 the best you could do.....oh well, seems like the overseas concerts had a little life in them....but the US concert was HORRIBLE!@#$ Just an observation.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member A Katt Named Raggz's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 2003
    Posts
    3,524
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I agree Kenny...don't forget that who ever did the sound did a terrible job. The sound was awful.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member creeper2's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 2003
    Posts
    2,297
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    "But when so-called credible acts on the line-up started to kick off about The Spice Girls' presence, it was leaked that the group had been axed because they didn't "fit the bill" with their plastic pop music."

    i thought that the line up wasn't that bad in philly. bon jovi, dave matthews band, stevie wonder, def leppard, linkin park, maroon 5, blah blah blah. the only thing london had over the US line up was madonna and pink floyd, both of which i would have loved to have seen. would have loved to seen the spice girls too.

    and yes marcus, the sound was terrible. i wonder if it sounded that bad in person and it was only the way TV was picking it up but i've seen linkin park before and they sound great live but sounded like crap on saturday.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Ian Rich Rags's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 21st, 2005
    Posts
    1,004
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The whole thing was the usual abominable self congratulatory back slapping. Oooh, lets all stand up for the starving kids and women working 18 hours an hour in sweat shops, and they all pay 3 dollars for a pepsi and 5 dollars for a piece of rancid carpet masquarading as a burger.
    I didnt notice the corporate causes of globalization worrying too much, just raking it in all day and laughing their fucking heads off.

    Most people got up on Sunday and took the kids to Pizza Hut without so much as a thought.

    <font color="#FF0000" size="1">[ July 07, 2005 03:15 AM: Message edited by: IH Rich Rags ]</font>

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Hairglamfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,692
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    No I am Spartacus!!

    I enjoyed Razorlight, the Killers, Velvet Revolver, the Who and Pink Floyd (who I never really liked but they were great). Also U2 and Paul McCartney.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member creeper2's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 2003
    Posts
    2,297
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by IH Rich Rags:
    The who thing was the usual abominable self congratulatory back slapping. Oooh, lets all stand up for the starving kids and women working 18 hours an hour in sweat shops, and they all pay 3 dollars for a pepsi and 5 dollars for a piece of rancid carpet masquarading as a burger.
    <font size="4" face="Arial">i hope you were not really expecting anything more then that?

  7. #7
    Inactive Member creeper2's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 2003
    Posts
    2,297
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Carl, isn't it great when you don't need anyone around to carry on a conversation? i cherish those moments. =)

    and you didn't miss anything this past weekend.

    speaking of the weekend though, have you ever tried birra moretti beer? it's not that bad. tastes somewhat like blue moon. i had it over the weekend for the first time.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member RaivenVainn's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    289
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    When Paul McCartney did Helter Skelter.. wow, that was the highlight for me.

    Also Motley Crue on the Canadian one weren't too shabby.

    Fuck the Spice Girls.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Carl I.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    June 25th, 2003
    Posts
    4,786
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by creeper2:
    Carl, isn't it great when you don't need anyone around to carry on a conversation? i cherish those moments. =)

    and you didn't miss anything this past weekend.

    speaking of the weekend though, have you ever tried birra moretti beer? it's not that bad. tastes somewhat like blue moon. i had it over the weekend for the first time.
    <font size="4" face="Arial">Sad thing is that I do carry on conversations with myself quite often. This has, of course, resulted in so many restraining orders that if I draw little symbols on them I could become a card dealer in Vegas.

    I have never tried that beer...nor have I heard of it. I will look.

    Originally posted by Raiven:
    Fuck the Spice Girls.
    <font size="4" face="Arial">Hey, can you get me Baby and Ginger Spices phone numbers then???

    [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    <font color="#FF0000" size="1">[ July 06, 2005 02:23 PM: Message edited by: Carl I. ]</font>

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Carl I.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    June 25th, 2003
    Posts
    4,786
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    [quote]Originally posted by Carl I.:
    [qb]
    Hey, can you get me Baby and Ginger Spices phone numbers then???

    [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    qb]
    <font size="4" face="Arial">Heh, two more restraining orders coming up...

    <font color="#FF0000" size="1">[ July 06, 2005 02:24 PM: Message edited by: Carl I. ]</font>

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •